Trails, Ales and Games in the Forest
There is a new beer in town! The folks over at Fisher Peak Brewing have brought the Chewbacca Rocka Radler out just in time just for summer. This refreshing summer beer with hints of grapefruit is the answer to cooling off on a hot day. Named after a popular trail in the Cranbrook Community Forest, the Radler is an homage to time on the trails.
You can sample this beer on tap at the Heid Out/Fisher Peak Brewing Company or you can buy a six-pack there to take home. Two dollars from every six-pack purchased at the restaurant will be donated to the Wildhorse Cycling Club.
AND if all that is not exciting enough, Fisher Peak Brewing, The Wildhorse Cycling Club and Cranbrook Tourism have partnered to create the CBK Tr’ALE Hunter scavenger hunt. How do you play?
- Walk, run or ride the trails
- Find five of the six locations of the photo clues below.
- Take your own picture at these locations
- Show your server at Fisher Peak Brewing/ The Heid Out your five pictures and enjoy a FREE (16 oz glass) of a draft beer of your choice and collect a finisher's sticker.
There is a special challenge for kids too: Ride any trails (Here are 4 suggested loops) and take pictures with items on the list below. Kids earn a FREE float of their choice and finishers sticker at the Heid Out
Ride anywhere or try one of these suggested 4 mountain bike loops for kids
Take pictures with these four of these eight items
- Mustache made of moss
- Y shaped stick
- Funny face in front of a lake or a pond
- Standing on a big rock
- Something sparkly
- Animal Tracks
- An animal you saw on the trail
Need a little help finding your way? Pick up a trail map at the Cranbrook Visitors Centre to help navigate to the locations.
Need a few hints? See the approximate locations market with the stars. Good luck!