Cranbrook Tourism is the Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) for the City of Cranbrook. We are a not for profit society led by an eleven-member board of directors, with a balanced representation of tourism and community representatives. Representation includes individuals from the accommodation sector, The City of Cranbrook, The College of the Rockies, The Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce and the Ktunaxa Nation.
The mission of Cranbrook Tourism is to build tourism in Cranbrook through marketing and capacity development by attracting more visitors to the region, growing the visitor economy and contributing to improved quality of life for residents. We promote and market Cranbrook as a year-round destination for leisure, meetings and nature-based travel, a destination where people want to visit and live.
How are we working to help tourism in Cranbrook flourish?
- Maintain a resource-rich website at cranbrooktourism.com and engage in web marketing and advertising activities to drive traffic to that site where visitors can research and plan
- Develop and produce print marketing resources including annual visitors guide and NEW in 2020 area trail map
- Run advertising campaigns in key markets
- Participate in collaborative marketing campaigns with key sector groups:
- Operate an active media relations program where we work to get Cranbrook stories in popular publications (print, online and television) generating increased visitor awareness and interest
- Provide industry training opportunities. Sign up for monthly industry emails to be notified when these training opportunities are coming up
- Support event organizers in growing and promoting their events recognizing that events are an important driver of awareness building and visitation to our community every year
- Track industry performance and participate in research initiatives to be more competitive in marketing our destination and being more helpful in serving our visitors
- Build buzz and showcase the best of the community with active social media channels