NorthStar Rails to Trails
The scenic paved 28 km Northstar Rails to Trails links the cities of Cranbrook and Kimberley.
The NorthStar Rails to Trails is located midway of the cities Kimberley and Cranbrook. The trail is nestled between the Purcell Mountains and the Rocky Mountain Trench in southeastern British Columbia. The area is naturally beautiful surrounded by mountains dotted with forests and grasslands, broken up by lakes and rivers.
Public washrooms, picnic tables and memorial benches overlooking the views are found along the way.
The trail is designed and maintained for use during spring, summer, and fall. It is not maintained during the winter.
Cranbrook Rails to Trails Trail-head
- Drive toward Kimberley on Hwy 95A.
- In 2.5 km from Cranbrook Visitor Centre drive under the train overpass and immediately turn left (south) onto a gravel industrial-looking Collinson Road.
- Follow Collinson Road south for about 200 metres and turn right at a T-junction.
- Then take the left gravel track up a little hill. At top of the hill is the main Cranbrook Rails to Trails trailhead.
Kimberley Rails to Trails Trail-head
- Archibald Street at the Civic Arena across from the Kimberley Aquatic Centre