Wasa Lake Triathlon
|June 13, 2020 - June 14, 2020||Wasa Lake, Provincial Park|
Set at the beautiful Wasa Lake Provincial Park, this venue has played host to the Gerick Sports Wasa Triathlon for many years. And with each year, the event continues to grow, gain momentum, and attract athletes locally and from afar.
- DUATHLON options for the Sprint and Standard events.
- SPRINT events will be held on Saturday early morning.
- TRIKIDS event has a later start –yes, kids do not get the cool morning start!
- THE WASA WARRIOR EVENT IS HERE! ‘TRI’ it TWICE … can you do it?
- Complete the Wasa Warrior event and earn your WASA WARRIOR SHEILD!
Take on the challenge to complete the Sprint and Standard triathlon events. All Warriors will receive a finisher’s medal, specific finisher’s shirt and enjoy Brunch on Saturday and Lunch on Sunday. You will still qualify for specific event award categories, no separate award category. Event is capped at 100 registrants.
The Standard distance triathlon features a beautiful course in the Rocky Mountains and attracts some of the fastest triathletes in the West. Age groupers and elites compete together on a scenic and fast course.
- Duathlon: Run 10km, Bike 40km, Run 5km
- Triathlon: Swim 1.5 km, Bike 40 km, Run 10 km
- Date: Sunday June 14, 2020
- Start: 8:00 am
- Age Requirement: 18 years old on Dec. 31st, 2020
The Triathlon swim is a 750 m triangular loop x 2 starting from the Horseshoe Bay beach. Wetsuits are allowed. The cycling leg is mostly flat with some rolling hills. It starts with a clockwise loop going 3/4 of the way around Wasa Lake and then spins cyclists around to follow the Canadian Rockies and the Kootenay River heading south towards the Heritage Town of Fort Steele. The return portion takes cyclists directly back to the transition area via the south park entry/exit. The triathlon will wrap-up with 2 flat out-and-back run segments, with a cruise by the transition zone in between.
The Duathlon uses the same course as the Triathlon except you will start in the first ‘Run’ leg in the Transition zone and head out onto the 10km run course, the bike course is as mentioned above then the last ‘Run’ leg will be the same as the Sprint 5km course.