Keeping you Busy: Safe Activities
March 18, 2020 | Making the most of your time at home
These days, we're all searching for ideas to keep us happy & healthy!
We've put together a list of services, entertainment, and educational activities for you and your family.
Ideas to get you outside:
Options for biking/walking:
- North Star Rails to Trails - Plowed and primarily clear. Gravel/MTB/Cruisers recommended as there are varied conditions along the route.
- Streetside City Cycling Routes are open and primarily clear.
- Rotary Way is another paved option that is clearing quickly with the continued warm weather.
free services offered online:
- Scholastic Learn at Home Projects for Kids
- The 10 Best Educational YouTube Channels for Kids
- The Science of Wellbeing - Yale University
- 10 University Art Classes You Can Take Online for FREE
- Stuck at home? Take free drawing classes from famous illustrators
- 12 World Famous Museums offering Virtual Tours
- 15 Broadway plays & Musicals ON STAGE
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- 20 Virtual Feild Trips
- LEGO Challenge Cards
- Read-a-long Stories (French & English)
- Cranbrook History Youtube Playlist
- Epic Films From the Great Indoors - Watch Banff Film Festival FREE Films
- Online live music streaming: Ben Gibbard (Death Cab for Cutie)
- 19 live music performances
- Daily online music classes
- 1150 free movies! Classic & international films
- The DP Quarantine Classic - Roller Chair Hockey
- Late Night Stars live at home